The society was founded in1950 under the name «Télésiège de Médran
SA» by a group of brave developers. The «Télésiège de Médran»
was inaugurated on December 23rd, 1950.
In 1952, a ski lift is added to the top of the Ruinettes. The project of a chair lift for the Col des Vaux is put on hold by the Federal Transportation Office out of fear of potential accident due to the wind and ice. Starting 1995, after numerous debates concerning the extension of the resort, Giovanola developped a single-person chair lift in Savoleyres. A year later, the creator Müller creates a system for the ski lift of the sunny slopes of Les Planards. The constructor Von Roll therefore, receives the ressources to install a cable car at Les Attelas. To avoid putting the first society in danger, a new one is created «Téléphérique des Attelas».
A long Téléski is added to the chairlift in 1958. A year later, a chair lift is built to provide access to the Lac des Vaux ; another ski lift is added to the beautiful area of Médran.
The society becomes, in 1960, «Société Anonyme des Téléphériques
de Verbier». This is a result of the fusion with the «Société Anonyme Téléphérique
Attelas», the same society that built the lifts in Verbier-les Attelas-Lac des Vaux in the
1950’s, with the support of Mr. Rodolphe Tissières.
As the amount of clients increased, the need to improve the resort increased. The quantity of construction sites increased during the summer of 1960.
The single-chair lift was transformed in a two-seats lift. The wonderful slopes of La Chaux were given an additional lift. To satisfy excellent skiers, the Mont-Gelé (3030 meters) is rendered accessible with a cable car, and for the lovers of powder a gondola is built on the hills of Tortin. At the start of the 1960/61 season, the soul of Verbier is set and from that point on, it expanded.
The 22 lifts have to be adated to the new security norms of the Federal Transport Office. The chair
lift of the Lac des Vaux 3 is replaced in 1988, the one in Les Ruinettes is replaced by a chair lift
the next year. The chair lift of Le Mayentset is renovated in 1990. In Bruson, the lift of La Pasay
is replaced, the same year by a new chair lift. The cable car of Le Mont Gelé and the lift of
Les Moulins are both renovated in 1992.
In 1991, the 4 Vallées is officially complete, with the addition of Télé-Thyon.
At the end of April 1994, the cable car of Les Attelas 1 does its final ups-and-downs while the lift of Les Attelas II is taken down. The Funispace was first put to use n December 23rd, 1994. Only nine months after the beginning of its construction.
The society STA (services techniques alpins) SA is created in Sembrancher. This company is
responsible for the customer service of the Leitner grooming-machines and, in the entire French
speaking Switzerland, it takes care of the maintenance of various ski lifts and mechanical